Retrieve patient information from PACs

Steven R

Sep 19, 2016, 2:09:05 PM9/19/16
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi,

I am just trying to retrieve patient information from the PACs system, I am new to FO-Dicom and Dicom in general.  So I apologize if this question has been asked before..  Though I didn extensive searching and couldn't find anything.

Here is what I have so far.

Dim RQ As DicomCFindRequest

Dim RP As DicomCFindResponse

Dim CFind As DicomCFindRequest = DicomCFindRequest.CreatePatientQuery(patientId:=FPatientID)

'CFind.OnResponseReceived(RQ, RP)

Debug.WriteLine(">>>>> " & CFind.HasDataset)

Dim DClient As New DicomClient

DClient.AddRequest(CFind)

DClient.Send(host, port, False, callingAE, calledAE)

Debug.WriteLine(" >>>>>>>>>> " & CFind.Dataset.Get(Of String)(DicomTag.PatientID))

Debug.WriteLine(" >>>>>>>>> " & CFind.Dataset.Get(Of String)(DicomTag.PatientName))

I can't get even the patient name, the PACS indicates the query was successful and the patient exists.

Could someone show me the missing piece of the puzzle I am missing.

Thanks for any help.

Steven

Steven R

Oct 14, 2016, 8:00:26 PM10/14/16
to Fellow Oak DICOM
No one ?

No one able to provide a vb.net example ?

I am just not experienced enough to convert from the example to vb.net.

Steven

Alejandro Acosta

Oct 17, 2016, 9:26:54 AM10/17/16
to Fellow Oak DICOM