mdcm to fo dicom

Edward Marcus

Jan 17, 2018, 3:38:39 PM1/17/18
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hello

Thank you for taking my question.

I am moving my .net 3.5 mdcm viewing and measurement package to a .net .4.5 platform and anticipate it will need to function with x86 and 64 bit cpus  .

Is fo-dicom a suggest route to make this transition?

Ed

reini....@aon.at

Jan 21, 2018, 4:44:43 AM1/21/18
to Fellow Oak DICOM
I assume that it is suggested, because as you can see in https://github.com/fo-dicom/mdcm, fo-dicom is the successor of mdcm.
There may be some changes in API (i dont know mdcm but I guess there will be) but fo-dicom is well documented and the community will support you if you face some problems.

And of course it would be great if you share your experiences when migrating from mdcm to fo-dicom.

Edward Marcus

Feb 1, 2018, 1:33:10 PM2/1/18
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Everything is working well- except this result on 32 bit win 7 OS

Dicom.Imaging.Codec.DicomCodecException: No codec registered for tranfer syntax: JPEG Lossless, Non-Hierarchical, First-Order Prediction (Process 14 [Selection Value 1]): Default Transfer Syntax for Lossless JPEG Image Compression
   at Dicom.Imaging.Codec.TranscoderManager.GetCodec(DicomTransferSyntax syntax) in C:\fo-dicom\DICOM\Imaging\Codec\TranscoderManager.cs:line 60
   at Dicom.Imaging.Codec.DicomTranscoder.get_InputCodec() in C:\fo-dicom\DICOM\Imaging\Codec\DicomTranscoder.cs:line 53

The error with 32 bits persists with all the codecs.