CD/DVD Dicom viewer

Helder Pinhal

Aug 26, 2015, 7:21:52 PM8/26/15
to Fellow Oak DICOM for .NET
Hi guys,

I am building a mini pacs with cd burn functionality.
I'm still looking for a viewer to embed in the cd.

Looking for suggestions.

Thanks, Helder

Chris Horn

Aug 27, 2015, 8:08:47 AM8/27/15
to Fellow Oak DICOM for .NET
  1. Build one from fo
  2. Clearcanvas already has one
  3. Efilm lite (requires license)
  4. Osirix cd viewer (for viewing on Mac)
There are a heap more that escape me right now, I took option one for all the tools required for CD/DVD/USB distribution you can get your own cooking quite fast, however you will probubly want to downgrade the .net version to .net for max compatability
or detect the frame work version ( have offline installer on the CD) and auto install via your own bootstrap.

Hesham Desouky

Aug 28, 2015, 2:18:27 PM8/28/15
to Fellow Oak DICOM for .NET
Philips has nice free viewer. For me i built my own using C++ and OFFIS DCMTK to avoid any dependency or setup. Just an exe file without any offline installers.

If you are looking for multiple platforms, check QT.

Note, in the mobile and web era providing a web portal for referral is trending more than the CD based viewers

Helder Pinhal

Aug 31, 2015, 7:12:55 AM8/31/15
to Fellow Oak DICOM for .NET
Regarding the web portal, it's scheduled for future development but we still can't cut out the CDs. The clinics in Portugal still deliver paper copies and CDs to the patients.

Thanks for the QT tip. Got my interest after a quick glance.

You wouldn't be willing to share your viewer by any chance?

Helder Pinhal

Aug 31, 2015, 7:14:20 AM8/31/15
to Fellow Oak DICOM for .NET
Weasis seems a valid option as well since doctors in Portugal find it easy to use and appealing (not my taste tho).

Dilip Verma

Sep 19, 2015, 11:01:35 PM9/19/15
to Fellow Oak DICOM for .NET
Hi Hesham,
I am looking for an exe as well that doesn't require installation. Would you mind sharing steps for build OFFIC DCMTAK C++ viewer you have built? If there are any other option for non-dependency free viewer, please suggest.