beginner

Christos Yiallouras

Jun 17, 2014, 9:06:14 AM6/17/14
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am new in the fo-dicom toolkit and i would like to ask you if you can guide me to begin using this tool.

Thank you very much.

Mahesh Dubey

Jun 17, 2014, 9:21:57 AM6/17/14
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello;
       If you dig into the source code of the library you will find very neat and clean API which is very easy to understand along with that large sets of examples are shipped with the toolkit which is very helpful. You can get very fast response of your query from this forum. For beginning you can refer the examples provided with the toolkit.

Happy Coding ...
Mahesh

Christos Yiallouras

Jun 20, 2014, 10:38:56 AM6/20/14
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

Can you give me an example of how to connect with DICOM server using the fo-dicom?

Thank you very much.
Christos

Manabu Tokunaga

Jun 21, 2014, 11:55:24 AM6/21/14
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
First off,

Did you download (clone) the latest fo-dicom? (For you, do not do NuGet, instead, clone is so you have the complete code and samples).
Were you able to build it in your Visual Studio?

If you have done that far, then let us know.

Christos Yiallouras

Jun 23, 2014, 4:16:25 AM6/23/14
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I will build it in visual studio using C sharp

Thanks for your help

Manabu Tokunaga

Jun 23, 2014, 10:38:17 AM6/23/14
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Once you got all compiled fine then let us know.

Do you have an actual PACS or DICOM device that you need to connect to right now? Tell me a bit about that if you are in that situation as to what it is (a PACS, EMR etc.). Are you familiar with AE titles, IP address and Port number of the device?

If you are "playing" with it instead of using it in a production environment, tell me that and I will point you in the right direction for other test tools. Also, I want to know if you have an access to a Macintosh computer.

Christos Yiallouras

Jun 23, 2014, 3:07:52 PM6/23/14
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I connect my computer with GE MRI scanner.

I have the correct AE Title, IP Address, Port.

Thank you

Christos Yiallouras

Jun 26, 2014, 9:01:25 AM6/26/14
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I download the GitHub and i create the repository. Also i create the clone of my repository on my computer.
I am using Windows PC.

Can you help to move further?

Thank you a lot.
Christos

Manabu Tokunaga

Jun 26, 2014, 10:41:42 AM6/26/14
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Christos,

Where are you in terms of your efforts.

My next plan is to tell you a bit about the StoreSCP example, and actually have you send some data from your GE scanner.

If you have figured all that out already, please kindly let us know so that we can close this issue.

-- Manabu

Christos Yiallouras

Jul 2, 2014, 4:41:15 AM7/2/14
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to help about how to create my client application.

I need to execute the commands C-Find and also execute some queries to the GE scanner, then i will put the resulting dataset into a data grid view.

After that i think i need to execute C-Move and C-Store commands.

Thank you very much.

Manabu Tokunaga

Jul 2, 2014, 2:41:55 PM7/2/14
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
C-Find and C-Move are going to be fairly easy so let's get that going.

The examples are posted on the Git-Hub at https://github.com/rcd/fo-dicom and scroll down to the C-Find and C-Move examples.

What I suggest is to write a Console application and just include the sample C-Find example in the body of the main code, change the AE title, address and port to where you want it to be (your GE scanner) and run your main. Use the patient name or patient ID filed that you know you have a study for, then If it's all configured right then it should return you what your GE scanner contains.

If your C-FIND works (and most likely you can figure out the C-MOVE code too), please let us know for the next step. You should test C-MOVE against some well known test archive, first if you get that far already.

Christos Yiallouras

Jul 29, 2014, 5:21:25 PM7/29/14
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi again,

I successfully connect my dicom client with MRI scanner. I implement search using patient id and patient name. I searched by a specific patient id and i get the name of the patient as return value. I performed search by patient id by using * (star). I get all the patient's names as return value. I would like to show the returning dataset into a datagrid view control. How i can do that?

Thanks a lot

Christos