How do I set up a DICOM client which is able to communicate with different servers?

itay

May 30, 2015, 10:05:52 AM5/30/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Me and my friends are now working on a project which reuqires the ability to read a stream of DICOM images from a DICOM server.
I'm pretty new in the DICOM world - can any of you guys explain how to set up a DICOM client and maintain communication with a server?

tnx
Itay

Ian Yates

May 31, 2015, 6:56:24 PM5/31/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Check out the source code from our GitHub repo.  There are a couple of examples in there.

The development branch is still similar to the main branch with a couple of fixes and an update (as of yesterday) to .NET 4.5.  That's soon to change as we continue updating the library.  However the main ways of working with it won't change.

With the "stream of images", is your DICOM server a medical device being operated by a user (so they are pushing to you) or is it a PACS server that you query for images and then download what you want (so you are pulling from it)?