Could not load file or assembly 'Dicom.Native.DLL' or one of its dependencies. The specified module could not be found.

Vinay Rathore

Mar 27, 2015, 9:48:30 AM3/27/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com

.

   When deploy application in IIS, is working fine those Machine install VS 2013 . but as Deploy other machine getting above Error .

   I have studied all the post like enable 32 bit assemblies etc . but it could not fix this issue .

Ian Yates

Mar 28, 2015, 10:17:44 AM3/28/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Try installing the Visual C++ runtime redistributable package - http://www.microsoft.com/en-au/download/details.aspx?id=40784.  That link will work for DLLs compiled in VS2013 which sounds like the right choice given your question.

Vinay Rathore

Mar 29, 2015, 2:46:15 AM3/29/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ian Yates ,

I have already tried  visual C++ runtime redistributable 2013 and 2010 . that is not work for me .

Ian Yates

Mar 29, 2015, 4:18:22 PM3/29/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Another couple of things...

When fo-DICOM finds some codecs in the above assembly it puts out a message via its logger (NLog).  It'd be worth
a) Configuring that logging (if not done so already); and
b) Asking fo-DICOM to load codecs at app start time.  I modified this bit of code in my fork so that it returned how many codecs were loaded and optionally accepted a different path.  That was a bit overkill but did help with debugging this issue for me in the past.

You could also use Process Monitor (www.sysinternals.com) to watch what files are being loaded by your app and which files are being looked for but not found.  By doing (b) above you'll have a definite point at which codecs are loaded and then you should see your native DLLs being probed for and then loaded from disk.  You should be able to see the paths that are being checked.  If your native DICOM DLLs are not in any of those paths then move them there and you should have more success.

Chris Horn

Apr 1, 2015, 5:09:23 PM4/1/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
check out https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/fo-dicom/uk7FkDS05s4
have a look at all the replies in this thread there is a lot of info in it.

Vinay Rathore

Apr 10, 2015, 9:23:03 AM4/10/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com

Thanks all of you .

I have fixed it and done following things IN my machine

  • Install Client profile 4.0 .net Framework
  • Install VC++ 2010 and VC++ 2013 and Framework 4..5.1
  •  Used dependency walker http://www.dependencywalker.com/ to find out the dependency of "Dicom.Native.dll"  and put dependent dll into
    1.     C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\inetsrv
    2.      C:\Windows\System32and C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv