Accessing the LUT data in the VOILUT sequence

aparna prabhakar

Jan 22, 2015, 6:23:55 AM1/22/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I have the sequence as seen above.

can anyone help me how to access/parse the LUT data in the above image?

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
Aparna

Mahesh Dubey

Jan 22, 2015, 9:16:22 AM1/22/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hello;
          I am not sure about it, but I think fo-dicom does not support non linear LUTs.
Mahesh

Chris Horn

Feb 2, 2015, 4:50:53 AM2/2/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
From memory, non-linier luts work fine, I have a number of Mamo's with non-linier luts that work fine, you can also approximate a linier lut from a not linier lut.
So I can't quite remember if fo already did this or if this was a modification that was required, I'd have to go look at my code, what's the issue your having?

aparna prabhakar

Feb 2, 2015, 4:57:23 AM2/2/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

I want to find the widow width and level from the VOILUT data. Since the image has no window width and center, I am trying if i can compute them using the VOILUT data.

Chris Horn

Feb 2, 2015, 6:06:25 AM2/2/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Are you able to post the file?
as thers not enough data in your pic see the following link
this looks like its a modality lut not a softcopy presentation lut...