JPEG Lossless, Non-Hierarchical, First-Order Prediction - decoding fails on MONO

petr....@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2017, 4:50:42 PM6/15/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi all,

please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought  JPEG Lossless, Non-Hierarchical, First-Order Prediction can be opened in new version via managed libraries for jpeg (CSJ2K or BitMiracle.LibJpeg.Portable)

I'm using version 3.0.2.1 on RPI MONO. I used Dicom.Core.dll provided for MONO. It process DICOM file (STORE-SCU) well, but it fails decoding image.

Should/can it be decoded on MONO? Do I something wrong?

Thanks for help
Petr

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

Jun 16, 2017, 5:32:55 AM6/16/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi Petr,

Unfortunately,LibJpeg.NET does not support JPEG lossless, so this codec is not included in the Mono build. The two JPEG losless codecs are currently only supported on .NET Framework and Universal Windows Platform.

Regards,
Anders @ Cureos

petr....@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2017, 6:05:55 AM6/16/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi Anders,

thanks for answer. And just for my curiosity - is there any plan to add this codec to managed LibJpeg.NET or use any other library (if available/exists)?
I do understand loseless JPEG is (very) different to "normal" one.

Thank you
Petr

petr....@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2017, 8:48:50 AM6/16/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
I googled around a little bit and I found your project cscharls. Do you think it could be used here?

Thank you
Petr

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

Jun 19, 2017, 1:57:51 AM6/19/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
As confusing as it might be, JPEG-LS (i.e. the charls codec) is not the same as JPEG Lossless, so unfortunately charls is not an option for the JPEG Lossless, Non-Hierarchical, First-Order Prediction transfer syntax.

Best regards,
Anders

petr....@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2017, 1:48:22 PM6/19/17