Negociate META SOP

Jordan

Jun 15, 2017, 10:23:51 AM6/15/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi guys,

Can someone explain me how to negociate Meta SOP like  BasicGrayscalePrintManagementMetaSOPClass or BasicColorPrintManagementMetaSOPClass

Thank you very much !

It's little bit urgent

Jordan,

Adil Tiadi

Jun 16, 2017, 4:05:15 AM6/16/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi Jordan,

Maybe you can take a look at fo-dicom samples.
You will find two samples PrintSCP and Print SCU to understand how to do it.
Here is the direct link.

Best regards,

Adil

Jordan

Jun 16, 2017, 9:19:44 AM6/16/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Thank you Adil,

But in samples, the negociation is exhaustive ( FIlmSession...), I want to negociate only Meta SOP like BasicGrayscalePrintManagementMetaSOPClass and don't use the exhaustive list

Adil Tiadi

Jun 16, 2017, 11:57:03 AM6/16/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi,

I don't really understand...What it 's your goal?
Maybe I could help you...

See you.

Adil

Jordan

Jun 20, 2017, 2:57:11 AM6/20/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi Adil,
My problem it's a printer dicom (SCP)  which doesn't accept when I use samples to send an image, so I speak with the man which make this server and he tell me that :

"BasicColorPrintManagementMetaSOPClass, just like BasicGrayscalePrintManagementMetaSOPClass are "Meta" SOP Class.
They are used for negotiation.
Successfully negotiating BasicColorPrintManagementMetaSOPClass for example amounts to negotiating all four services at once
PrinterSOPClass, BasicFilmSessionSOPClass, BasicFilmBoxSOPClass, and BasicColorImageBoxSOPClass
It's easier to negotiate 4

Similarly, successfully negotiating BasicGrayscalePrintManagementMetaSOPClass for example amounts to negotiating all four services in one go
PrinterSOPClass, BasicFilmSessionSOPClass, BasicFilmBoxSOPClass, and BasicBasicGrayscaleImageBoxSOPClass

Then, the implementation of these 4 SOP Classes is normally doneBasicColorPrintManagementMetaSOPClass,
just like BasicGrayscalePrintManagementMetaSOPClass are "Meta" SOP Class.
They are used for negotiation. Successfully negotiating BasicColorPrintManagementMetaSOPClass for example amounts to negotiating all four services at
 once PrinterSOPClass, BasicFilmSessionSOPClass, BasicFilmBoxSOPClass, and BasicColorImageBoxSOPClass
It's easier to negotiate 4 Similarly, successfully negotiating BasicGrayscalePrintManagementMetaSOPClass for example amounts to negotiating all four
services in one go PrinterSOPClass, BasicFilmSessionSOPClass, BasicFilmBoxSOPClass, and BasicBasicGrayscaleImageBoxSOPClass
Then, the implementation of these 4 SOP Classes is normally done "

So I have to do that in order to be accepted by the SCP and I don't know how to make that,

The second thinks he said to be accepted it's to add PrinterSOPClass in the negociation and I don't know how to make that properly,

Thank you Adil !

Adil Tiadi

Jun 20, 2017, 8:14:37 AM6/20/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi,

Sorry but what you explain it's the Dicom standard Status.

Your project it's an DICOM Print SCU  and you have a good sample from Hersham (see previous message and look for PrintSCU).
Maybe you can try your Print SCU with some PrintSCP free (like charruasoft or jdicom).

I use fo-dicom for DICOM printing (SCU/SCP) with many manufacturers (Agfa, Carestream, Philips, Fuji, Siemens...), and I never had troubles.

Try to improve your software with some free Dicom Print Server.
And do you have the conformance statement for this PrintSCP?

See later.

Adil

jarek_w

Apr 18, 2019, 2:56:57 AM4/18/19
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi Jordan,
I came onto your post while looking for exactly the same solution as you did. Did you manage to solve the problem somehow? I have a Dicom Printer that only accepts negotiation on Meta level and cannot make it work with foDicom as it negotiates all the TS's explicitly.

Best regards
Jarek