Requesting downloading status from device

Dawid Ładyko

Dec 11, 2017, 6:01:06 AM12/11/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi,

I have some DicomCFindRequest that asks device about files amount in study. I used it to count downloaded files, i thought that was good way to know when study are fully downloaded but some devices have his own settings. For example, files amount i get from:
X-Ray - returns 0
Electromagnetic resonance - Adds report catalog to study but does not includes it in files number so e.g i get 300 files in response but i really get 308
Tomograpf - Does not send some raport which are included in files amount so e.g i get 650 files in resposne but i really get 645 files.

I need help to build a query that will return downloading status for study.

Felix Kupsch

Dec 13, 2017, 5:00:29 AM12/13/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi Dawid,

are you talking about the tag Number of Study Related Instances (0020,1208)?

The only reliable way to  determine the number of instances in a study is to query down on instance level and count the number of responses. Study Related Instances or Number of Series Related Instances are only optional attributes. which mean it depends on the implementation of the SCP and you cannot rely on that.

But if you retrieve a study, the download status is provided in the C-MOVE Response, which also contains a number of completed and remaining sub-operations (instaces to transfer) and if you receive a C-MOVE Response with status success you can rely that every instance was transfered successfully.

regards
Felix

Dawid Ładyko

Dec 14, 2017, 3:23:28 AM12/14/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi Felix,

Can i get total amount of suboperations in download request ? I just need to know how much files will be totaly sended in specified study. Another question is how to recognize which device are sending this study, can i get Study ID when i retrieve download request ? Can u show me which parameter will return total amount of suboperations for me ?

Dawid Ładyko

Dec 14, 2017, 3:51:52 AM12/14/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
I think i need to add that im using simple CStore to get study files. How can i get response that will return total files amount when i get download request ? Its very important for me, i will be very grateful for help :).

Felix Kupsch

Dec 14, 2017, 4:21:06 AM12/14/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi,

to get  a study from the PACS you need a Retrieve SCU and a Storage SCP. The Retrieve SCU initiaties the C-MOVE-Rq. The image sever will then start to store the images to your storage scp in a new association, while sending C-MOVE-RSPs in the original association. The C-MOVE-Rsp contains the information about the status of the storage operation.

Regards
Felix

Dawid Ładyko

Dec 14, 2017, 4:45:33 AM12/14/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi,

I have CStoreSCP from examples, a little bit modified to get Number of Study Related Instances (0020,1208). Class in attachment, can i add to this something to get C-MOVE request (I apologize for the poor knowledge of the operation of these processes) or i need to build new retrieve method ?
Retrieve.cs