Error rendering DICOM Image

Helder Pinhal

Apr 2, 2015, 8:01:38 AM4/2/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon everyone,

I had no problems opening and viewing images so far, but this particular modality is throwing some, should I say, weird files.
I have attached the file that I cannot render.

I am using the Dicom.Dump tool in Chris Horn's repo.
It dumps the metadata just fine but cannot render image when the "View" option is clicked.

The error is as follows:
Offset and length were out of bounds for the array or count is greater than the number of elements from index to the end of the source collection.

Is there a fix for this? Could I work around it somehow?

Thanks in advance,
Helder Pinhal
C1.sc

Chris Horn

Apr 3, 2015, 11:58:47 PM4/3/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
I've had a look at your image and I'm not 100% sure whats happening here,
if I try to open your image as is I get the same error you do.
however if I open the file transfersyntax change the image back explicit VR little endian or implicit VR little endian the image works fine.
I can transfer syntax change to image to RLE, jpeg-ls, jpeg2000 fine however jpeg just doesn't seem to work
maybe someone else can sheed some light on this.
anyway i've attached a zip with the different versions

images.zip

Helder Pinhal

Apr 7, 2015, 6:30:19 AM4/7/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
Well, I cannot find any other solution but to convert them before rendering.
For the current purpose it is a valid solution.

Thank you for your help.

Chris Horn

Apr 8, 2015, 1:12:07 AM4/8/15
to fo-d...@googlegroups.com
No problem Helder,

I'm hopefull I can come up with a better solution at some stage...