GE cineloop number of frames not recognized

Sander Dekker

Sep 12, 2017, 9:12:52 AM9/12/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Dear reader,

Attached is a GE Ultrasound cineloop.  When opening the file with Fellow Oak, the 0028;008 tag appears to be absent (also when opening it with RadiAnt and BenDicomEdit). Do you know of any private GE tag that describes the number of frames in the cineloop?

Thanks for your help!

Sander

Anders Gustafsson Cureos AB

Sep 14, 2017, 5:39:36 AM9/14/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Sander,

according to the File Meta Information, this is an Ultrasound Image and not an Ultrasound Multi-frame Image. Therefore the Number of Frames (0028,0008) and the Frame Increment Pointer (0028,0009) tags are not expected to be included in the image. I know too little about the specifics of the ultrasound cineloop files from GE, so I can't say for sure if you are still able to find multi-frame information in the private tags (maybe someone else does?) Or could it be that this is not a cineloop file at all?

Regards,
Anders @ Cureos