Reading GE private sequence

Sander Dekker

Jul 3, 2017, 3:43:33 AM7/3/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM

Dear reader,

I am trying to read private GE ultrasound tags in a DICOM sequence. I have tried the following approach:

                    Dim tag = Dicom.DicomTag.Parse("7fe1,1008")

                    Dim dsSettings As DicomSequence = dcmFile.Dataset.[Get](Of DicomSequence)(tag)

The tag contains a sequence of 89 items that I would like to iterate through.

This returns "{"Tag: (7fe1,1008) not found in dataset"}". I used this method to retrieve the ImageRegion tags and there it works just fine. I am probably doing something wrong..

Thanks so much :)
ULTRAIQ DATA SET_US_20170620_1_4096.dcm

Adil Tiadi

Jul 3, 2017, 8:10:31 AM7/3/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Hi,

This returns Tag (7fe1,1008) not found in dataset just because this tag is not in the sample you posted! ;)

Best regards,

Adil

Sander Dekker

Jul 5, 2017, 3:41:04 AM7/5/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
Thanks for your reply. The DICOM tag 7fe1,1008 is in the sample. DCMTK is able to extract it. Please see the attached text file.
ULTRAIQ DATA SET_US_20170620_1_4608.txt

Adil Tiadi

Jul 7, 2017, 9:07:15 AM7/7/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
hi,

sorry i didn't open the right file! :(
so you are right in c# to get the sequence here is a sample code

 DicomTag dt = new DicomTag(0x7fe1, 0x1001);
                dt
.PrivateCreator = new DicomPrivateCreator("GEMS_Ultrasound_MovieGroup_001");

DicomSequence sq= _file.Dataset.Get<DicomSequence>(dt);

Best regards,

Adil

Adil Tiadi

Jul 16, 2017, 8:40:34 AM7/16/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
hi,

did it help you?
If yes, please make this thread as solved and answered.

cheers,

Adil

Sander Dekker

Aug 16, 2017, 5:53:01 AM8/16/17
to Fellow Oak DICOM
I need some more time to test this. Thank you for your reply.