A few thoughts before you go live with 1.0

Jouni Ahto

Jan 15, 2015, 5:11:10 AM1/15/15
to flys...@googlegroups.com
which, I'd guess, will happen really soon now.

1. Fields visible when adding/editing/viewing a task can now be set per
project. Of course, after upgrade, the setting is empty. Would it make
sense to add a one-liner to upgrade.php that updates the setting to some
sane default, perhaps to the fields that are visible in 0.9.9.7?

2. There still seems to be a bug handling user rights, the possibility
to add an attachment to comments never shows up even when for admin, who
definitely has it. I'll investigate this and either file a bug report or
fix it myself, if I understand what's going on.

3. Bad news for PostgreSQL users. Current version of ADOdb is missing a
PostgreSQL specific version of a function needed for the upgrade, and
has also 2 PostgreSQL specific bugs. Good news: I can make the necessary
patches available. They are good enough to handle exactly this case,
i.e. upgrading Flyspray, but need still some more work before I make a
pull request, I don't know if it will be accepted, and nobody knows when
the next version of ADOdb will be released.

-- Jouni Ahto

Jouni Ahto

Jan 15, 2015, 7:41:31 AM1/15/15
to flys...@googlegroups.com
Replying to myself:

On 15.01.2015 12:11, Jouni Ahto wrote:
> 2. There still seems to be a bug handling user rights, the
> possibility to add an attachment to comments never shows up even when
> for admin, who definitely has it. I'll investigate this and either
> file a bug report or fix it myself, if I understand what's going on.

Funny. I have no idea how my attachments directory ended up being
drw-rw-rw-, not drwxr-xr-x as it should. Not a bug.

-- Jouni Ahto

Jordan Mendler

Jan 15, 2015, 12:40:40 PM1/15/15
to flys...@googlegroups.com
Patches are welcome!

________________________
Jordan Mendler
The Veloz Group
The Veloz Group
President & Chief Technology Officer
jor...@thevelozgroup.com
www.thevelozgroup.com

-- Jouni Ahto

Jouni Ahto

Jan 15, 2015, 1:51:00 PM1/15/15
to flys...@googlegroups.com
Patches are not needed for this one. I must myself have messed up
something when I first time cloned the git repository last summer to my
test server and tried the upgrade.

Any thoughts about my points 1. and especially 3., which is a showstopper
for anyone using PostgreSQL? I can provide either links to my github
repositories that contain the necessary patches (although not yet all of
them), or we could just distribute the patched version of ADOdb's
datadict/datadict-postgres.inc.php with flyspray. If you choose the
latter case, you can expect a pull request waiting when you wake up on
your tomorrow. I live on GMT+2, it's almost 9 PM here and no more work for
me today anymore.

-- Jouni Ahto