Ampersand and Greater than keys in body

Sertac Tüllük

Feb 14, 2017, 6:20:41 AM2/14/17
to flyspray
Dear All,

Flyspray is awesome, thank you very much for it.

When editing body of an issue, or when writing comments below, some keyboard characters are displayed differently in the view.

Such as, ampersand , greater than, less than...etc

Is this an issue, or a feature?

Is this is a feature, do we need to escape these characters?

How?

peterdd

Feb 14, 2017, 11:28:46 AM2/14/17
to flyspray

When editing body of an issue, or when writing comments below, some keyboard characters are displayed differently in the view.

Such as, ampersand , greater than, less than...etc

Is this an issue, or a feature?
Do you use the HTML/CKEditor or dokuwiki 'syntax_plugin'?

Easiest is to open a task on bugs.flyspray.org and attach screenshot(s).
Which version of Flyspray? MySQL or PostgreSQL? Correct characterset of database tables? Which PHP version?
Some character combinations like '-' + '>' are combined to a unicode right arrow character when using dokuwiki syntax_plugin, but I think this is not the problem you describe.