Notification email issue

Édouard

Nov 26, 2017, 3:57:15 AM11/26/17
to flyspray
Hi !

I've just found an issue when I tried to create a new task on my FlySpray fresh installation. Find enclosed a screenshot of the error message : bug-flyspray.jpeg
After that, I checked again my email parameters and I've got the same error (bug-mail-flyspray.jpeg) whereas the very first test was successful.

Thank you.
Édouard

PS : dedicated server with FlySpray 1.0-rc4 / PHP7.0 / Ubuntu Server 16.04 / working Postfix installation
bug-flyspray.jpeg
bug-mail-flyspray.jpeg

peterdd

Dec 30, 2017, 8:38:45 PM12/30/17
to flyspray
First screenshot shows that Flyspray doesn't handle failed sending emails at all. Someone should address that, probably by catching the exception(s) and
handle them properly.

These errors probably never happen in most Flyspray installs (so no prominent issue yet) where SMTP settings are emtpy or localhost/127.0.0.1 and local mailserver eats every mail first and later independently of php/flyspray request it sends emails and handles later errors or bounce mails. (in my understanding, correct me if I'm wrong.)

In your case something blocked the connection. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/36695327/swiftmailer-connection-refused-111 seems about the same error code from swiftmailer.
I also tried to reproduce https://bugs.flyspray.org/2449 and found my hosting blocked outgoing smtp. They just wanted using the local mail server/localhost for script probably.

Maybe a similiar problem in your case?

With https://github.com/Flyspray/flyspray/commit/eae68ff63b2622f977455dd0a3c1bef459e514a6
 at github master branch I brought back the FS_MAIL_LOGGING feature, so by editing the define('FS_MAIL_LOGFILE'...
in includes/constants.inc.php can maybe shed some light to that issue.

The 'Test' button in the admin prefs area only tests the saved email configuration, not the values when editing the form. (a little usability issue i know, just a little helper for quick checking)