Hardcoded strings

Francesco Giordano

Dec 14, 2017, 7:56:43 AM12/14/17
to flyspray
Hi,

it looks like the "title" tag on the surrounding span for the activity graph is hardcoded and not translateable (also, i believe it's not the only hardcoded string around).
I mean the one in this code:

Regards,
F.

peterdd

Dec 30, 2017, 7:26:33 PM12/30/17
to flyspray
Mmh, I added that red line there only as temporary fix as it was not clear in which direction the activity time scale is.

What I really have/had in mind is replacing the dependency of https://github.com/jamiebicknell/Sparkline with own svg graphs with proper x/y scales and a bit deeper information. And when implementing that sure the used strings should be translatable.

Also I also think a bit about when adding new translation keywords if they are general to keep the list of translations compact. (less overwhelming for translators, >=60KB file loaded once on every http request, easier to review, but requires also a bit of tracking in source/templates where a translations is used to make sure the context is ok when used). Maybe 'today' could be a general translation key that could be also used at other positions. 'duetoday' exists yet.

So, in this case I thought it is not worth to make it translatable for a temp fix. Well, in the last 2 years I was the only guy caring and it dragged me from contributing to Flyspray to bugfixing Flyspray and in 2017 only for security fixes. Probably have a bit more time jan/feb 2018 to care about Flyspray ..

Francesco Giordano

Jan 9, 2018, 9:39:51 AM1/9/18
to flyspray
Ah ok, i didn't know it was just a temporary fix, sorry :-)
I know you're the only one regularly on charge of FlySpray so don't worry, thank you for this. I'd like to help but i don't have much time to dive into code atm...

Regards,
F.