Lang edit non well-formed array

Francesco Giordano

Jan 30, 2018, 9:24:23 AM1/30/18
to flyspray
Hello,

it looks like langedit.php writes non well-formed arrays in language files. They work but they're not that cool :-)
Specifically, it puts an unnecessary comma after the last key/value pair:

'repeatemailaddress'      => 'repeat email address',
);
?>

I can provide a patch/PR should you want it...

Regards,
F.

peterdd

Jan 31, 2018, 12:50:14 PM1/31/18
to flyspray
Is someone complaining about that? I think it is intentional (did I do it?)  to avoid the mistake when people add new tranlsation strings to the lang files, that they forget to add that comma on the line above. (it happened more than 1 time!)
So lets stick to that little convention, unless you have good arguments. :-)

Francesco Giordano

Feb 1, 2018, 4:35:51 AM2/1/18
to flyspray
I don't know if you did it, i don't think so, it's very old and I'm not sure someone touched it after the original author some three years ago (at least from the comments it doesn't seem so).
It's just for the sake of correctness, also there's a bit of inconsistency because some translators removed or modified them by hand i believe

Regards,
F.

Francesco Giordano

Feb 1, 2018, 4:45:15 AM2/1/18
to flyspray
Forgot to add: I'm not complaining at all and I'm aware it's just a minimal annoyance, it was only a suggestion ;-)

Regards,
F.