Flyspray 1.0 (BETA) without composer?

Max S

Feb 24, 2016, 6:00:26 AM2/24/16
to flyspray
So, the bugtracker recommends installing 1.0 beta as it fixed many bugs, but 1.0 beta only works with composer which is a problem for some if they only have a hosting plan without full system access.
So will there be a release with the necessary dependencies included in near future or am I stuck with 0.9.9.7?

Regards
Maximilian

Ortwin Pinke

Feb 24, 2016, 9:13:53 AM2/24/16
to flyspray
Hi Maximilian,

you may first install 0.9.9.7. Then try to use update setup, see https://github.com/flyspray/flyspray#upgrading
Maybe that will work without usage of composer. Good luck.

Regards
Ortwin

Daniel Zelisko

Feb 24, 2016, 12:04:25 PM2/24/16
to flys...@googlegroups.com
you could try installing it locally and then copy everything over to
the server. It's a bit more hassle but it should work

I think I did something like this on one host...

best, dan
> --

http://daniel.zelisko.net

peterdd

Feb 24, 2016, 12:28:16 PM2/24/16
to flyspray
So will there be a release with the necessary dependencies included in near future or am I stuck with 0.9.9.7?

Yes, that is my wish and plan too.

It is time for next release and think it should be also a suggested successor of 0.9.9.7.
It will be called Flyspray 1.0rc - because the current github master uses 1.0rc-dev as version string too and is quite stable.

The bad is I'm not experienced with packaging and releases.
There must be releases made for different PHP versions, because some of projects of the dependencies do not support older PHP versions, so we need to package it with older but compatible releases of that dependencies together.
(PHP5.3.*, PHP5.4.*, PHP5.5+)

Julien N.

Mar 25, 2016, 7:56:09 AM3/25/16
to flys...@googlegroups.com
I'm also interested of a release without composer.
I can't do anything on my hosting service except dropping files. And I don't have a local web server so setting it up locally to copy the files is too much work.

peterdd

Apr 12, 2016, 11:28:47 AM4/12/16
to flyspray
I made a new release Flyspray 1.0 RC1 on sunday with included libraries.  *.zip and *.tgz files are available for PHP5.2-PHP5.6 on www.flyspray.org/docs/download
(PHP7 not tested, feedback welcome on bugs.flyspray.org )

I built it this way: https://bugs.flyspray.org/2117
I hope in future release builds will be more automated..

peterdd

Apr 12, 2016, 11:41:35 AM4/12/16
to flyspray, dan...@aydmultimedia.com

Julien N.

Apr 13, 2016, 3:46:31 AM4/13/16
to flys...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot !
I installed this one : flyspray-1.0-rc1_php54 and it works perfectly !

Morgan P

Apr 18, 2018, 2:08:08 PM4/18/18
to flyspray
Thank you for making PHP7 releases available that do not require composer

A big, big thanks too to the entire Flyspray team for developing it and making available for free.

peterdd

Jul 16, 2018, 6:19:13 PM7/16/18
to flyspray
There is now Flyspray 1.0-rc7 released. It also comes with a .tgz containing all 3rd party libs. See https://github.com/Flyspray/flyspray/releases