Probable fix for timing and buffer overflow issues

Michael Cooper

Sep 21, 2014, 6:04:01 PM9/21/14
to flysig...@googlegroups.com

Hi all—

I’ve spent this weekend working on a timing issue which has been leading to lost data points and clipped speech. I’ve submitted the fix as the following pull request:

https://github.com/flysight/flysight/pull/42

The pull request includes a detailed description of the changes I’ve made. The compiled firmware and “audio” folder can be found here:

http://flysight.ca/fw/flysight-beta-646-20140921.zip

I’ll be doing some testing on the ground, but won’t be able to get into the air for a couple of weeks. I would appreciate any feedback you guys can offer on the pull request and the new firmware. I’d like to merge the pull request into the official beta firmware sometime in the next week so we can get it out into the wild for more testing.

Thanks!

Michael

Gordon Reyburn

Oct 1, 2014, 11:10:11 PM10/1/14
to flysig...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Michael, I'll run this on the weekend and let you know how it goes.

Gordon Reyburn

Oct 2, 2014, 9:08:19 PM10/2/14
to flysig...@googlegroups.com
Just uploaded, one problem I noticed is the FW version is not updated in config for flysight.txt - but thats more of a nitpick.

Will let you know how it goes this weekend.

Michael Cooper

Oct 2, 2014, 10:07:51 PM10/2/14
to flysig...@googlegroups.com

:-) I think the version number updates with Git tags, and I didn’t want to tag the new version until it was officially available. Will be doing that shortly.

Michael