Fluentd in_udp data loss

Vasiliy Ozerov

Nov 28, 2016, 10:14:04 AM11/28/16
to Fluentd Google Group
Hello everyone!

I have some issues with in_udp plugin.

We got a service which sends json messages over udp. And sometimes it sends about 500 000 messages in 10 secs. And just 5 000 of messages are delivered to kibana and local files.

I've checked configuration and found that issue is related to input udp buffer:

root@td-agent# netstat -su
IcmpMsg:
    OutType3: 817
Udp:
    2328648 packets received
    122718 packets to unknown port received.
    9310516 packet receive errors
    566 packets sent
    RcvbufErrors: 9310516

So, i've increased udp kernel parameters like this:

net.ipv4.udp_rmem_min = 1073741824
net.ipv4.udp_wmem_min = 1073741824
net.core.netdev_max_backlog=500000
net.core.rmem_max = 1073741824

But i still get a lot of RcvbufErrors. Does somebody deal with such errors?

Thanks!

Vasiliy Ozerov

Nov 28, 2016, 1:52:50 PM11/28/16
to Fluentd Google Group