Log collection into flat files in the collection server hard disk

Nalaka Hewapathirana

Oct 17, 2016, 12:33:27 AM10/17/16
to Fluentd Google Group
Dear All,

 I'm reading on Fluentd to understand whether it could be deployed into our organization network to satisfy log collection necessity. Our goal is to collect all the event logs in (unix/windows) server farm into a single central server. Could this be done with Fluentd. My main issue is, it is not clear whether we could save the incoming log files into the hard disk for the centralized log server as log files (with proper log rotation if possible). Our main concern is not real time monitoring but to save the logs in central location. Therefore am I on the correct path or do I need to look into different solution.

Thank you.

Mr. Fiber

Oct 18, 2016, 1:10:57 PM10/18/16
to Fluentd Google Group
You can save received events into local files by using out_file plugin.

But if you want to sync files between forward and central server like rsync,
fluentd doesn't fit it because fluentd's model is streaming, not sync.

Masahiro