Outdated docs / broken gelf plugin?

Sigmar Muuga

Sep 20, 2017, 11:45:05 AM9/20/17
to Fluentd Google Group
Hey, I was trying to follow the tutorial here:

I got stuck where the "gelf" plugin installation step is.

This page seems to be outdated as I had to find a workaround to a few things but this one is the hardest: when I try to run the td-agent, I get the following error:
Failed to start fluentd2017-09-20 15:38:31 +0000 [error]: dry run failed: Unknown output plugin 'gelf'. Run 'gem search -rd fluent-plugin' to find plugins

I have checked - the plugin is installed in the /etc/td-agent/plugins folder. But it is not listed when the td-agent is started.

What do I have to check to get this working? I am already out of ideas...

I am using latest Amazon Linux with yum. Thats the only different thing from the tutorial. Also the newer Graylog but it should not affect that.

Thanks!

Sigmar

Mr. Fiber

Sep 20, 2017, 2:43:25 PM9/20/17
to Fluentd Google Group
/etc/td-agent/plugins

Is this typo?
td-agent loads plugins from /etc/td-agent/plugin, not /etc/td-agent/plugins.

Masahiro