EventTime msgpack ext type

Jake Sperlazza

Jun 10, 2018, 3:56:52 AM6/10/18
to Fluentd Google Group
Hello,

I'm using a cloudwatch output plugin. Consider this line in the code. When to_message pack is called on the time, it's using the normal to_msgpack method of EventTime, which only returns the seconds.

What's the proper way to get this to use the _ext version instead?

Thank you

Mr. Fiber

Jun 11, 2018, 8:09:57 AM6/11/18
to Fluentd Google Group
What's the proper way to get this to use the _ext version instead?

The proper way is don't call to_msgpack in plugin side.
Default implementation handles EventTime correctly.
Open an issue is better.

Masahiro

Jake Sperlazza

Jun 11, 2018, 11:31:39 PM6/11/18
to Fluentd Google Group
Thank you for the response. After reading through some more code I think I found out what I needed to do.

I have opened an issue, and am just waiting on my PR to be reviewed.