Fluentd Docker Logging issues on Amazon ECS

Marco Pas

Jun 13, 2016, 4:23:17 PM6/13/16
to Fluentd Google Group
In our current setup we face challenges on getting a simple and stable centralised logging setup using Fluentd. So i am looking for pointers that could help me out.
We run an Amazon ECS Cluster in which we have a single central logging Docker container running that receives log information from 2 other Dockerized services. This using a simpel @type forward. These services are using the Fluentd Logging Driver and have a `fluentd-address` which points to the centralized logging container using a DNS address.

We have 2 main issues:
  • Logging sometimes just seems to stop and we need to reboot the services that actually are logging, this sometimes already happens ofter 4 or 5 minutes!
  • When the Fluentd central logging container is restarted the others containers seem to have difficulties in connecting to the new central logging container
Does anyone encounter the same issues? Or am missing something?
Any help or tips are appriciated!

- Marco

Marco Pas

Jun 14, 2016, 2:01:07 PM6/14/16
to Fluentd Google Group
Our issues seem to be solved. The reason for the instability was a AWS LoadBalancer that had an idle timeout which was insufficient for Fluentd.

Joo Joo

Jun 16, 2016, 10:21:32 PM6/16/16
to Fluentd Google Group
What was the new idle timeout on your load balancer, we're facing same issue

Marco Pas

Jun 22, 2016, 1:20:42 AM6/22/16
to flu...@googlegroups.com
Hi we are currently using an idle timeout of 120

connection_draining_timeout = 600
idle_timeout = 120

- Marco