in_http plugin & logging

Shefal...@teamaol.com

Apr 11, 2017, 5:03:56 PM4/11/17
to Fluentd Google Group
Hello,

We are trying out Fluentd for one of our projects. We have in_http plugin as input and out_s3 as output plugin.

So the the source system POSTS by https we have the endpoint behind AWS ELB.

The source system is telling us that are running into HTTP 500 errors but we don;t see anything on ELB side and we have also done everything on our side
http://docs.fluentd.org/v0.12/articles/logging as per the documentation but we cannot see anything in logs.

Note : This is a very small load test we are talking about 10 message/second.

Has anyone experience a similar issue or is that better way to get more of the logging in Fluentd ?

Thank you

Regards,
Shefali.

Mr. Fiber

Apr 11, 2017, 5:38:14 PM4/11/17
to Fluentd Google Group
we cannot see anything in logs.

in_http returns 500 or 400 error including error cause.
#{$!} refers the error.

Masahiro

Shefal...@teamaol.com

Apr 11, 2017, 9:35:24 PM4/11/17
to Fluentd Google Group
No that is what is puzzling us. We have not seen anything in fluentd logs !!

The source system & fluentd are both in AWS us-east-1 just different vpc as they are different aws accounts within our company.

Thank you.

Regards,
Shefali.

Shefal...@teamaol.com

Apr 11, 2017, 9:50:52 PM4/11/17
to Fluentd Google Group
Hello,

This is what is puzzling us. We don;t see any errors with Fluentd .

Both the source system ( which is doing HTTPS post)  and fluentd are in AWS us-east-1 expect that both are on different vpc as both are different AWS accounts within our company.

Thank you.

Regards,
Shefali.

Mr. Fiber

Apr 12, 2017, 12:38:15 AM4/12/17
to Fluentd Google Group
No that is what is puzzling us. We have not seen anything in fluentd logs !!

I mean in_http response, not fluentd logs.