Emit new event after error is thrown

fili.p...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2018, 1:26:26 PM2/8/18
to Fluentd Google Group
Hi guys,

I was wondering if it is possible to re-emit an event in order to go through the filter phase again but with a different tag - after "event_router.emit(tag, time, record)" has been called.

In particular, I am using fluent-plugin-concat and it flushes the buffer when the timeout expires. I would like to change the tag and parse the message differently.

I think I can handle this scenario using label but I am curious to understand if it possible to "feed" fluentd from a plugin.

Thanks,
Filippo

Mr. Fiber

Feb 13, 2018, 7:13:17 AM2/13/18
to Fluentd Google Group
In particular, I am using fluent-plugin-concat and it flushes the buffer when the timeout expires. I would like to change the tag and parse the message differently.

Why need tag change?

I think I can handle this scenario using label but I am curious to understand if it possible to "feed" fluentd from a plugin.

Yeah, concat plugin provides label feature for timeout so easy to process timeout events in other pipeline.

Masahiro