out_forward standby feature: when does it switch back?

Lance N.

Aug 20, 2015, 10:41:05 PM8/20/15
to Fluentd Google Group
Does the out_forward plugin switch back to the primary remote host by itself? Or do we have to restart it?

And, the same question for the 'secondary' servers.

Thanks,

Lance

Mr. Fiber

Aug 25, 2015, 1:48:06 PM8/25/15
to Fluentd Google Group
Does the out_forward plugin switch back to the primary remote host by itself? Or do we have to restart it?

out_forward sends heartbeat to registered nodes.
So if your remote host is back, out_forward should detect it.

Plugin in secondary behaves as normal.

Masahiro