How to tell fluentd to use specific plugin version?

Alexey Duzhiy

Sep 12, 2017, 8:22:57 AM9/12/17
to Fluentd Google Group
Hi,

Is there a way to tell fluentd which version of local gems to use? When I run tg-agent-gem list fluent-plugin-kafka, I see following output:

*** LOCAL GEMS ***

 fluent-plugin-kafka (0.6.1, 0.5.5)

In case I found a bug in 0.6.1 how can I switch to 0.5.5 in this case? I can think of only about deletion of unused versions.

Thank you.

Mr. Fiber

Sep 13, 2017, 6:12:40 AM9/13/17
to Fluentd Google Group
 I can think of only about deletion of unused versions.

Yes. gem itself provides specifying version mechanizm like `gem 'foo', 'x.y.z'`.
But fluentd don't use it.
So if you want to use specific version plugin, remove newer plugins.
fluentd uses latest version.

Masahiro

Alexey Duzhiy

Sep 13, 2017, 6:43:32 AM9/13/17