in_tail behaviour

M Lam

Jul 14, 2016, 1:10:23 PM7/14/16
to Fluentd Google Group
Hello,

It's not quite specified in the documentation - I wonder if I ask in_tail to follow multiple files with wildcards, would those files be simultaneously followed, or would the events be streamed one file after another?  If it's the latter, does it follow any deterministic order?

Thanks!
Michael

Mr. Fiber

Jul 18, 2016, 1:41:54 PM7/18/16
to Fluentd Google Group
I wonder if I ask in_tail to follow multiple files with wildcards, would those files be simultaneously followed, or would the events be streamed one file after another?

Former. in_tail uses evented IO which system provides, e.g. epoll / kqueue / select.

Masahiro

M Lam

Jul 19, 2016, 5:15:15 PM7/19/16
to Fluentd Google Group