filter_record_transformer

Chris Kinsman

Apr 3, 2017, 11:00:44 PM4/3/17
to Fluentd Google Group
I am using the filter_record_transformer and need to do a base64 decode on a string.

Looks like with enable_ruby true I could perhaps use Base64.decode64() but I believe it typically needs to loaded with a require "Base64"

Two questions:

1. Is this the best approach for decoding base64 strings?
2. Is loading via a require the base64 library and then decoding going to be incredibly slow or not a lot worse than other use built-in functions?

Thanks!

Chris

Mr. Fiber

Apr 4, 2017, 12:18:36 AM4/4/17
to Fluentd Google Group
Hi Chris,

1.

I didn't test but Base64 decode filter is available.

2.

It depends on traffic. If you don't get good performance with exsiting plugin or plugin chain,
sending a patch or writing own plugin is better.

Masahiro