Is the out_copy plugin safe for production case?

zhuzhen...@gmail.com

Nov 28, 2016, 11:20:08 PM11/28/16
to Fluentd Google Group
Hi,groups,
    I have read some config information about fluentd  out_copy plugin, buffer plugin and Output Plugin Overview, So I know that out_copy plugin is a

 Non-Buffered Output Plugins, does this means when use out_copy plugin, there is a risk for data lost due to without buffer?

   I also noted that the store in copy output plugin could be a buffered output plugins, so when use out_copy plugin, the buffer is down to store? If this, when without deepcopy, the different store shares the buffer?
   So, I am confused.   Please let me know the details.

  Thanks!

Regards, Zhuzhen Wang

Mr. Fiber

Dec 1, 2016, 2:41:26 PM12/1/16
to Fluentd Google Group
out_copy simply emits data into <store> plugins.
It means emitted events are stored into <store> plugin's buffer individually.

Masahiro