td-agent.log file rotation

Manoj Muraleedharan

May 19, 2016, 9:27:15 AM5/19/16
to Fluentd Google Group
i have currently used td-agent version 2.3.1. I want to rotate the td-agent.log file on every day at 1:00 PM. How can i solve it without writing cron job or schedule task. Is there any options support by td-agent to support log rotation.

Mr. Fiber

May 20, 2016, 3:37:39 PM5/20/16
to Fluentd Google Group
How can i solve it without writing cron job or schedule task. Is there any options support by td-agent to support log rotation.

Curretly, no way. Does your envrionment have a limitation that can't use logrotate or cron like mechanizm?

Masahiro

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 10:27 PM, Manoj Muraleedharan <manojm...@gmail.com> wrote:
i have currently used td-agent version 2.3.1. I want to rotate the td-agent.log file on every day at 1:00 PM. How can i solve it without writing cron job or schedule task. Is there any options support by td-agent to support log rotation.

Manoj Muraleedharan

May 21, 2016, 2:12:33 AM5/21/16
to Fluentd Google Group
td-agent forwarders and aggregator are under control of Puppet Server. Any changes made on these machines are revert back by puppet.
logrotate option is enabled by puppet but cron tasks are not permitted.