Unable to run td-agent as a service. tried for 48 hours now

180 visningar

Mohamed Seck

oläst,
8 apr. 2018 11:49:322018-04-08
till Fluentd Google Group
hi all,
I'm unable to run td-agent as service. i'm able to start , stop, restart but after few i get the following error everytime.

Guys. unable to run fluentd as a service due to the following error. i'm using rhel 7. how do i fix the issue permanently. I have spent an entire day trying to troubleshoot this issue.
[root@ip-10-203-000-110 tdsetup]# systemctl start td-agent.service
Job for td-agent.service failed because start of the service was attempted too often. See "systemctl status td-agent.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
To force a start use "systemctl reset-failed td-agent.service" followed by "systemctl start td-agent.service" again

using the following commands:

systemctl start td-agent.service

systemctl stop td-agent.service

systemctl restart td-agent.service

systemctl status td-agent

Mr. Fiber

oläst,
9 apr. 2018 06:37:332018-04-09
till Fluentd Google Group
> Job for td-agent.service failed because start of the service was attempted too often.

This is caused by systemd's operation rate limit.

Are there no errors in td-agent log?

Masahiro

Mohamed Seck

oläst,
9 apr. 2018 16:31:232018-04-09
till Fluentd Google Group
The logs are not providing much details.

Mr. Fiber

oläst,
10 apr. 2018 22:09:022018-04-10
till Fluentd Google Group
Hmm... could you paste logs here?

If you did start/stop/restart operation frequently within small interval,
the problem is you reaches the systemd limit.

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 5:31 AM, Mohamed Seck <msek...@gmail.com> wrote:
The logs are not providing much details.

Mohamed Seck

oläst,
17 apr. 2018 19:58:202018-04-17
till Fluentd Google Group