fluentd liveness and readiness probe

Nicolas Pepinster

Jun 23, 2017, 10:17:28 AM6/23/17
to Fluentd Google Group
Hello,

I'm trying to configure liveness and readiness probe for fluentd docker image deployed on Openshift (Kubernetes).

I configured a monitor_agent source in order to define livesness/readiness based on http get request.
Unfortunately, it seems that the API only show plugin metrics, not metric from the agent itself.

My approach is probably not the better... What do you think is the best way to know if the fluentd process is up & running ?
The kubernetes documentation shows that it's possible to define probes based on bash command. This alternative is maybe a better way that the monitor_agent one.
I'll glad to read your advice.

Thanks in advance

Mr. Fiber

Jun 26, 2017, 5:06:30 AM6/26/17
to Fluentd Google Group
 it seems that the API only show plugin metrics, not metric from the agent itself.

What is your purpose?
Do you want to know fluentd is running or not, or fluentd's plugin is running or not?

Masahiro

Nicolas Pepinster

Jun 26, 2017, 7:15:09 AM6/26/17
to Fluentd Google Group
Hello,

My purpose is to be able to know if fluentd is running and working.

Nicolas Pepinster

Sep 18, 2017, 5:12:39 AM9/18/17
to Fluentd Google Group
For info, I used process monitoring as described https://docs.fluentd.org/v0.12/articles/monitoring#process-monitoring