Does fluentd run only once when run_interval parameter is not provided?

meru....@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2016, 7:28:21 PM7/20/16
to Fluentd Google Group
Hi,

We want to run a plugin as soon as the fluentd agent starts and then follow an hourly schedule. We could not find a "start_within"-like parameter and were looking at option to use 2 configurations to run the same command (in_exec), and make one of the confs without passing run_interval parameter to it, such that it starts as soon as fluentd starts.

Does fluentd run only once when run_interval parameter is not provided? Or is there a default timer for the same.

Please let me know and Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Varad

Mr. Fiber

Jul 25, 2016, 5:35:09 AM7/25/16
to Fluentd Google Group
Does fluentd run only once when run_interval parameter is not provided?

in_exec runs command once without run_interval parameter.
It doesn't fit your case?

Masahiro