Adding a new field from a separate source

sra...@redhat.com

Sep 14, 2016, 9:15:01 AM9/14/16
to Fluentd Google Group
Hi,

Very new to Fluentd...

I would like to add a new field to the record , by searching a file for the id and getting back the value.

We have hosts sending logs and would like to get the cluster name for each log.
I would like to populate a file on the Fluentd before the Elasticsearch and search it by uuid and return the cluster name.

Is that possible?
Is there a better approach to this?

Thank you,
Shiry

Satoshi Tagomori

Sep 14, 2016, 10:32:15 PM9/14/16
to flu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shiry,

You want to add a field into log records with a string value loaded from any files on filesystem, right?
If so, record_transformer filter plugin can do it with Ruby code evaluation using "#{code goes here}".

Moris.

田籠 聡 (TAGOMORI Satoshi)
Mail: tago...@gmail.com