Kinesis streams and fluentd plugin

Jerod Weaver

Oct 24, 2016, 10:56:42 AM10/24/16
to Fluentd Google Group
I am looking for documentation about how connections between fluentd and Kinesis are secured when using the plugin (https://github.com/awslabs/aws-fluent-plugin-kinesis).  I know it says they use HTTPS, but I am looking for specifically what ciphers, etc are being used.  I found a "blurb" about AES keys and security, but I don't seem to be able to find anything else.  Any help would be much appreciated.

(blurb) "For those who are interested in security, all communication between Fluentd and Amazon Kinesis are done via HTTPS. If you don't want to have AES keys in the configuration file, IAM Role based authentication is available too for EC2 nodes."