Include fluentd custom plugin in a docker image

learning

Jan 19, 2017, 2:12:02 PM1/19/17
to Fluentd Google Group

I have a custom plugin called 'split_msg' and it is working locally . I kept this file (/etc/fluent/plugin/filter_split_msg.rb).

But when I create docker file got some errors

Step 9 : ADD plugins /etc/fluent/plugins

lstat plugins: no such file or directory

I thought docker would take this file when it build the image but it is not the case.

config error file="/etc/fluent/fluent.conf" error="Unknown filter plugin 'split_msg'. Run 'gem search -rd fluent-plugin' to find plugins"

<filter test>
@type split_msg
</filter>

Mr. Fiber

Jan 23, 2017, 2:03:01 AM1/23/17
to Fluentd Google Group
Error happnes inside docker, so your Dockerfile has a problem, right?
It seems not the fluentd problem for me.

Masahiro

Nicolas Pepinster

Feb 13, 2017, 7:57:43 AM2/13/17
to Fluentd Google Group
I think you just need to copy the .rb file in the /etc/fluent/plugin/

Here is an example for forest input :

COPY out_forest.rb /etc/fluent/plugin

Otherwise, you can also run a gem install (the example here uses a proxy, remove the --http-proxy if you don't need it) :

RUN fluent-gem install --http-proxy http://myproxy:8080 fluent-plugin-amqp -v 0.9.3