filter by instace tag

aruna pavan

May 10, 2016, 6:45:33 AM5/10/16
to Fluentd Google Group
Hi,

How can i filter my cloudwatch metrics data by using instance tags? I should be able to see the metrics of instances that have same tag. TIA

Mr. Fiber

May 10, 2016, 1:00:43 PM5/10/16
to Fluentd Google Group
How can i filter my cloudwatch metrics data by using instance tags?

What does 'filter' mean?
grep, suppress or other routine?
Could you write more detailed input -> filter -> output goal?

Masahiro

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 7:45 PM, aruna pavan <aruna.s...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

How can i filter my cloudwatch metrics data by using instance tags? I should be able to see the metrics of instances that have same tag. TIA

aruna pavan

May 11, 2016, 1:24:38 AM5/11/16
to flu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Masahiro,

Thanks for responding.

 I actually have 3 Amazon Linux instances with a similar tag key and tag value. i want to get this cloudwatch metrics data and dump into monogdb. Right now im giving the instance id for dimensions_name attribute in td-agent config file. Instead how can i mention tag name and value so that it gives me data all the instances with same tag.

Mr. Fiber

May 11, 2016, 10:17:40 AM5/11/16
to Fluentd Google Group
Instead how can i mention tag name and value

Do you use instance tag name and value for mongodb database/table name or
use these values in cloudwatch logs configuration?
Sorry, I'm not familiar with cloudwatch metrics so I can't clear what you want.