forward the logs to s3

NIKHIL SHARMA

Jun 9, 2016, 3:38:12 AM6/9/16
to Fluentd Google Group
Hi,

We are using different servers and forwarded their log to log aggregator then forwarded their logs  to s3 buckets.
I am facing one challenge can we differentiate the stored logs on s3 with host name logs coming ,in that way we can easily track the logs.

Regards,
Nikhil

NIKHIL SHARMA

Jun 9, 2016, 3:57:29 AM6/9/16
to Fluentd Google Group
i have an idea for the forest plugin will that work in my case as i want logs which i am forwarding to s3 can be differentiated with host name when  they stored on
my bucket.

Regards,
Nikhil

Lance N.

Jun 11, 2016, 5:11:37 PM6/11/16
to Fluentd Google Group
This is how I do it, with the forest plugin. In my Fluentd startup script i get the host's IP and pass that in as an environment variable IP. Inside the forest description I fetch it from the environment when describing the full path name.

One point: you can buffer output data in memory or on disk. If you buffer on disk, writers inside a forest plugin DO NOT go and find their buffer files after a program restart.

NIKHIL SHARMA

Jul 30, 2016, 2:08:57 PM7/30/16
to Fluentd Google Group
Hi thanks for the reply.
I am new to fluentd if you can share the kind of configuration it is very beneficial for me.So i can use for my environment.

Thanks
Nikhil