How to keep messages order when using aggregator

Shafreeck Sea

Nov 15, 2017, 12:44:20 AM11/15/17
to Fluentd Google Group
Hi:

I am suffering the performance problem when writing logs directly from fluentd to kafka, so I am given a suggestion that introducing aggregators to offload the agent. However, I am wondering how to keep message orders when load balancing to multiple aggregators. It looks like we do not have a client affinity algorithm to do load balance.

Mr. Fiber

Nov 17, 2017, 9:28:47 PM11/17/17
to Fluentd Google Group
However, I am wondering how to keep message orders when load balancing to multiple aggregators.

Currently, fluentd itself doesn't provide it.
In addition, out_kafka_buffered also doesn't gurantee the message order when num_threads is larger than 1.
If your kafka cluster support kafka connect, kafka-connect-fluentd is one way to improve the performance.

Masahiro

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 2:44 PM, Shafreeck Sea <shaf...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi:

I am suffering the performance problem when writing logs directly from fluentd to kafka, so I am given a suggestion that introducing aggregators to offload the agent. However, I am wondering how to keep message orders when load balancing to multiple aggregators. It looks like we do not have a client affinity algorithm to do load balance.

Shafreeck Sea

Nov 24, 2017, 3:51:41 AM11/24/17
to Fluentd Google Group
Got it, thanks !