Is there a way to get the line number from in_tail

Ming Fang

Sep 24, 2015, 8:58:23 AM9/24/15
to Fluentd Google Group
We would like to store the line number in case we need to reference back to the original log file.

Mr. Fiber

Sep 24, 2015, 2:18:33 PM9/24/15
to Fluentd Google Group
Hmm... currently, no way.
In continuous log collecting, line number is sometimes not useful so
in_tail doesn't provide such feature for now.
One way is extending in_tail to add line number to each record.

Masahiro