Does fluentd meets this need.

Moez Hajiri

Feb 9, 2018, 9:44:35 AM2/9/18
to Fluentd Google Group
Good day everyone ,
Currently I am working on a project of developing a dashboard consuming data from ElasticSearch , Elasticsearch is beeing feeded through python scripts that gathers these information from web applications in the form of either json or csv files. These scripts are run via cron on a daily basis. So my question here is whether I can use fluentd to replace these scripts. So can Fluentd collect information ( detect if they are new or not cause some of these files are not timestamped ) and output them to elasticSearch.
Thank you everyone.

Mr. Fiber

Feb 12, 2018, 10:53:11 PM2/12/18
to Fluentd Google Group
If you want to collect logs from local file in streaming manner,
you can use in_tail plugin for it.

Masahiro

Moez Hajiri

Feb 13, 2018, 4:38:50 AM2/13/18
to flu...@googlegroups.com
Thank your for taking some time to answer me , actually some of the files are local and some of them are accessible via URLs (ie: https://www.example.com/file.txt).

Moez HAJIRI
Engineering student Higher institute of computer science (ISI Ariana)
M: (+216)93 647 987
E: hajir...@gmail.com
6 sabkha street, appartment 6

Mr. Fiber

Feb 13, 2018, 7:19:26 AM2/13/18
to Fluentd Google Group
ome of them are accessible via URLs (ie: https://www.example.com/file.txt).

fluentd core doesn't provide plugin for it.
So you may need to implement plugin for remote endpoints or use in_exec with custom script.

Masahiro