Change of fluent-plugin-mongo and fluent-plugin-kafka

repeatedly

Oct 19, 2016, 12:55:51 PM10/19/16
to Fluentd Google Group
Hi folks,

I have a plan to release fluent-plugin-kafka v0.4.0 and fluent-plugin-mongo v0.8.0.
And these versions have incompatible change.

- fluent-plugin-kafka

fluent-plugin-kafka removes zookeeper gem dependency.

zookeeper gem doesn't compile on ARM environment and
many users don't use zookeeper feature.
So I decided to remove zookeeper gem dependency from next version.
If you want to use zookeeper feature, install it in your deployment process.
td-agent keeps to bundle zookeeper gem.

- fluent-plugin-mongo

We will update mongo gem from v1.x to v2.x because mongo gem v1.x is deprecated.
Using v2.0 improves the performance but one drawback is can't detect invalid record as BSON.
So following feature will be removed.

Since v0.8, you get invalid record related errors in flush chunk until reaches retry_limit.
If you use fluent-plugin-mongo in your production, ensure the data is valid as a BSON.

I will release fluent-plugin-kafka v0.4.0.rc1 and fluent-plugin-mongo v0.8.0.rc1 soon.

Thanks,
Masahiro