"Dialect does not support sequences"

Kenneth Cochran

Jan 11, 2010, 9:06:48 PM1/11/10
to Fluent NHibernate
I'm using Fluent config and strickly Automapping with a Firebird
database. I'm getting the following mapping exception:

InnerException: NHibernate.MappingException
Message="Dialect does not support sequences"
Source="NHibernate"
StackTrace:
at
NHibernate.Dialect.Dialect.GetSelectSequenceNextValString(String
sequenceName)
at
NHibernate.Id.SequenceIdentityGenerator.SequenceIdentityDelegate..ctor
(IPostInsertIdentityPersister persister, ISessionFactoryImplementor
factory, String sequenceName)
at
NHibernate.Id.SequenceIdentityGenerator.GetInsertGeneratedIdentifierDelegate
(IPostInsertIdentityPersister persister, ISessionFactoryImplementor
factory, Boolean isGetGeneratedKeysEnabled)
at
NHibernate.Persister.Entity.AbstractEntityPersister.PostInstantiate()
at
NHibernate.Persister.Entity.SingleTableEntityPersister.PostInstantiate
()
at NHibernate.Impl.SessionFactoryImpl..ctor(Configuration
cfg, IMapping mapping, Settings settings, EventListeners listeners)
at NHibernate.Cfg.Configuration.BuildSessionFactory()
at
FluentNHibernate.Cfg.FluentConfiguration.BuildSessionFactory() in d:
\Builds\FluentNH\src\FluentNHibernate\Cfg\FluentConfiguration.cs:line
93
InnerException:

I'm not actually defining the dialect in the fluent configuration. I'm
assuming FirebirdConfiguration has a suitable default (perhaps I'm
assuming too much). Do I need to manually set the dialect? If the
dialect is configured properly can I handle this with an automapping
override or by defining a convention? Which is more appropriate?

James Gregory

Jan 12, 2010, 6:54:54 AM1/12/10
to fluent-n...@googlegroups.com
The exception seems pretty self explanatory to me, sequences aren't supported by Firebird. You'll need to use one of the other generators, this stack overflow question seems to suggest using native instead.