Choose OpenGL profile.

aditya siram

Feb 23, 2015, 7:59:24 AM2/23/15
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
Does FLTK support changing OpenGL profiles? I'm not super-familiar with OpenGL myself but it was a question I was asked when I announced the Haskell bindings. I'll cut-and-paste the actual question here: " ... can I choose the OpenGL profile I'm using to be a current core profile like 3.3 or 4.1?"

Thanks!
-deech

Martin McDonough

Feb 26, 2015, 1:13:12 AM2/26/15
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
I second this. I would really like to be able to open an OpenGL context from FLTK that isn't 20 years old :(

Greg Ercolano

Feb 26, 2015, 6:20:41 AM2/26/15
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
On 02/25/15 22:13, Martin McDonough wrote:
> I second this. I would really like to be able to open an OpenGL context from FLTK that isn't 20 years old :(

I've opened STR #3198 for this..
http://www.fltk.org/str.php?L3198

If someone wants to supply patches, feel free to add them to that STR.
(Please work with svn current when providing patches, as the code base
has been active lately on esp. on the mac)

For discussion of how to implement, you can open a new thread on
fltk.coredev, as there's bound to be some discussion on how to approach
implementing this in the FLTK API.

Martin McDonough

Feb 26, 2015, 6:55:15 AM2/26/15
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com, erco_...@seriss.com
I'd certainly be willing to give it a go. I've done work with OpenGL, WGL, and GLX before.

aditya siram

Sep 2, 2015, 3:07:30 PM9/2/15
to fltk.general, erco_...@seriss.com
Just bumping the thread to see if there was any progress on this ticket: http://www.fltk.org/str.php?L3198.

Manolo

Sep 16, 2015, 5:50:15 PM9/16/15

On Wednesday, 2 September 2015 21:07:30 UTC+2, aditya siram wrote:
Just bumping the thread to see if there was any progress on this ticket: http://www.fltk.org/str.php?L3198.

Yes there was progress. Please see STR#3198.

aditya siram

Sep 17, 2015, 8:25:48 AM9/17/15
to fltk.general, erco_...@seriss.com
This is great news! Thanks for taking the time to put this together!
-deech