Re: [fltk.general] BSD License and FLTK

imm

Jul 5, 2014, 4:47:47 AM7/5/14
to general fltk

Winfried wrote:

I have written an FLTK program that could be inserted into the
OpenJPEG library. The library uses the BSD License. I have been
asked:
>- Would you agree to release your code under BSD License and
> leaving the copyright to "OpenJPEG contributors" (you're
> actually one of them :-)). This is the current solution we've
> found with Mathieu to avoid having different copyright notices
> in each source file of the project.
Is that possible?

####

You are free to licence the code you wrote under any terms that suit you, so of course you can release your code under a BSD licence. That is true even of code that uses fltk API's.

The fltk lib itself is licenced under GPLv2 with specific extensions to support (i.e. permit) static linking (which the GPL would normally preclude.)

There is little prospect of being able to re-licence the fltk lib, but I don't think you'd need to in this case.

--
Sent, perhaps surprisingly, from my Fairphone FP1

szuk...@arcor.de

Jul 5, 2014, 6:52:35 AM7/5/14
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
Thank you.