OS X, fullscreen and Sys_Menu_Bar

Hannu Vuolasaho

Jul 4, 2015, 10:49:31 AM7/4/15
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

What is the right way to do fullscreen and menubar on OS X?
OS X isn't my main target, but as long as supporting my program on OS
X (or Windows or OpenBSD) doesn't cost too much, I can support it.

I have in my UiLayout : public Fl_Double_Window, where UiMenubar:
public Fl_Sys_Menu_Bar

#ifdef __APPLE__
_menubar = new UiMenubar(0,0,0 , menuH);
_center = new CenterTile(d, d, W - 2*d, H - statusH - 2*d);
#else
_menubar = new UiMenubar(0,0,W , menuH);
_center = new CenterTile(d, d + menuH, W - 2*d, H - statusH - menuH - 2*d);
#endif

Which creates nicely menubar on OS X. Now if I fullscreen my program,
the menubar is gone.

What is the kosher way of getting menubar on top of app?

_center->resize(d, d + menuH, w() - 2*d, h() - statusH - menuH - 2*d);
_menubar->resize(0,0,w(), menuH);

and vice versa when returning?

Or should I create Fl_Menu_Bar hide and show it with resizing _center?

I believe OS X Lion started to support fullscreen applications. Has
anyone tested fullscreen with snow leopard?

Best regards,
Hannu Vuolasaho