Window Not Completely Drawn After wait_for_expose

Andrew Baldwin

Mar 16, 2015, 6:33:19 PM3/16/15
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
In my program I have a window that launches just prior to a computationally expensive operation.  Calling show by itself has the window appear completely blank at first.  Calling wait_for_expose after calling show ensures that the window is at least partially drawn before the operation begins, but the bottom 20 pixels or so of the window remain blank and a button is cut off at half its height.  If I throw in another 5 calls to wait I can get the window to draw completely, but I worry about the resilience of the solution (will it require 10 calls to wait if I'm running another computationally expensive operation, or 20 calls to wait on another machine).  Is there a proper way to ensure that all children of a window are drawn?

I'm running under Ubuntu 14.04 LTS using FLTK 1.3.3 (built from the subversion repository).

Martin McDonough

Mar 17, 2015, 2:14:51 AM3/17/15
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
Try calling 'redraw', perhaps?